Welcome to my blog. I hike and camp in the mountains of British Columbia, Canada, and I am a professional musician.
Feel free to say hi and have a look around. There's lots of posts about my hikes and various movies from these adventures.
Thanks for coming by, Pete

Saturday, March 5, 2016

Seal Birth



On a warm summer day I was paddling in a quite bay when I spotted the Seals.
The big males were the guards so I gave them lots of room as I drifted into a channel where I could see the females on shore. It is really important that I don't disturb them so I just stayed in the kayak and shot some video, hand held in the bright sun. It was so bright that I couldn't see what was happening, just that the seals were wiggling around and some had pups feeding



 At one point one of the males swam up the channel nearby and gave a low grunt so I knew it was time to move on. It wasn't until I watched at home that I noticed the seal seems to be giving birth.The video is authentic hand-held with a  digital zoom with some of my original music.





No comments: