Welcome to my blog. I hike and camp in the mountains of British Columbia, Canada, and I am a professional musician.
Feel free to say hi and have a look around. There's lots of posts about my hikes and various movies from these adventures.
Thanks for coming by, Pete

Monday, June 25, 2012

Early summer 2012

  I'm really happy to announce 'RidgewalkerPete volume #1 DVD'  is now available for sale through this site. It has been a lot of fun learning how to compose the video as well as the music....not to mention overcoming the challenges dealing with this pesky computer.  I will continue trying to give you a taste of how beautiful these places are as I work on volume #2.



   
These early days of summer find me composing and recording music for  a couple of videos that I filmed last fall. One  is from a hike up Webb mountain where I enjoyed fantastic weather on a the high ridges.  This photo on Mt. Macdonald captures one of those moments where it was difficult to pretend to relax when I was really thinking about camera settings, the timer and scrambling back safely. Everything seems so much easier when it is dry and warm. I am always equally prepared to deal with this situation.






   During the winter I decided to finish the full version of 'At Sea Level'. The short version was an editing experiment which I like very much but there was more to show.   The video 'At Sea Level [the directors cut]' is the result. 

You music people may enjoy the A minor to F  swells mimicking the ocean and the time signature shifts between 5/4 and 6/8 time. The bass guitar track took a lot of concentration to nail down.

 Thanks for looking everyone and stay tuned for 'RidgewalkerPete volume #2.

No comments: